Install & Basics
First, start by installing AuthPass on your device.
- Mac Desktop: Mac App Store or check the releases
- Android: Google Play Store or F-DroidHint
The play store version is very much preferable, as it is the version updated the earliest and contains support for Google Drive and Dropbox.
- iOS (iPhone & iPad): App Store
- Linux (Ubuntu, etc.): Check our Linux-Release blog post
- Windows 10: Download installer: AuthPass-setup-1.7.2_1333.exe
All passwords in AuthPass are fully encrypted. Your passwords never leave your device unencrypted and are always stored encrypted. Make sure to remember your password as it is not recoverable.
AuthPass itself has absolutely no server component, so it will never store your passwords on a server. But we highly recommend using a cloud storage service like Dropbox, Google Drive or (your own) Web DAV. This way your password files are always backed up when your devices crashes or gets otherwise corrupted.
Do not store your password files locally on a mobile device without a backup!